During its 130th Convocation ceremonies in June, Carleton University conferred more than 3,700 graduate and undergraduate degrees and certificates to the largest graduating class in its history.
Five honorary degrees were presented to:
- Anna Marie Tremonti, a seasoned CBC journalist;
- Donald W. Campbell, executive vice-president of CAE Inc.;
- James (Sa’ke’j) Youngblood Henderson, one of North America’s foremost indigenous rights lawyers;
- Sheila Fraser, the auditor general of Canada;
- and Thomas Brzustowski, a significant contributor to research and development in Canadian engineering and science.
Carleton also honoured three individuals with Patrick O’Brien High School Teaching Awards:
- Sandra Warren of St. Joseph Catholic High School;
- Danielle Davidson-Séguin of St. Peter Catholic High School;
- and Tracey Friendship, who teaches at Nepean High School.
Readers will find an excerpt of Sheila Fraser’s Convocation address in this issue.