This year’s Carleton United Way campaign is encouraging our campus community to support education-related organizations and programs supported by the United Way/Centraide Ottawa campaign. For a full list of these services, visit Ottawa’s United Way website at http://www.unitedwayottawa.ca. Click on “Community Investment Directory” and then click on “Children and Youth.”
United Way agencies that help children and youth include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Ottawa
- John Howard Society of Ottawa
- Live and Learn Resource Centre
- National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA
- Ottawa Inuit Children’s Centre
- Planned Parenthood Ottawa
- Somerset Community Health Centre
The following is a list of upcoming United Way events:
- Kickoff Announcement — Wednesday, Oct. 21 in Fenn Lounge. Cost is $5. (see your Office Reps for tickets as of Oct. 8)
- Giant 50/50 Ticket Sale — From Wednesday, Oct. 21 to Friday, Nov. 13 tickets for the Giant 50/50 draw will be available at various United Way events.
- Loonies for Learning — Tuesdays, Oct. 27, Nov. 3 and Nov. 10, University Centre Food Court, Loeb and Galleria. Cost is $1.
- Student Dance-a-thon — Saturday, Nov. 7 to Sunday, Nov. 8 in Ravens’ Nest
- Polar Bear Dip — Sunday, Nov. 8 at an Ottawa Beach TBA.
- Campaign 2009 Grand Finale — Monday, Nov. 16 in the Tory Foyer. Winning ticket for the Giant 50/50 will also be announced.
For more information on dates, times, and other United Way events visit the campaign’s website at: http://carleton.ca/unitedway.